Various academic and research institutes in India have been doing R&D work in meshfree methods applied to fluid flow for past 20 years. Some research laboratories (notably DRDL, NAL and IISc) have developed their own meshfree method based corporate code for solving design and analysis problems in Aerodynamics. It was felt that institutions such as IISc, DRDL, NAL, ADA, JNCASR and TIFR-CAM where active research on meshfree methods is being carried out should hold Meshfree-2011 Conference for sharing their R&D work. This would also serve the purpose of encouraging young scientists and students to take up further work in this promising field. About 15 invited lectures of 45 minutes duration are planned.
Venue & Date
: STC Seminar Hall, Department of Aerospace Engineering
, IISc, Bangalore, January 10-11, 2011
Program and abstracts
- Organizing committee (OC) will provide access to pdf files of lectures on a suitable website.
- There is no registration fee and participation is by invitation only.
- It is expected that there will be about 50-60 participants consisting of invited speakers, scientists/faculty from academia and national labs and research students.
- Local hospitality and local travel will be provided.
- As limited funding is available invited speakers/participants are kindly requested to arrange for travel expenses.
- Prof. S. M. Deshpande, JNCASR, Bangalore,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Ph: 080 2208 2861; Cell: 94484 71243
- Prof. N. Balakrishnan, AE Dept. IISc, Bangalore,
email: email@example.com , Ph: 080 2293 3039; Cell: 94484 66504
- Dr V. Ramesh, CTFD Division, NAL, Bangalore,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Ph: 080 25051621; Cell: 94484 75367
Tentative list of invited speakers
- Ajit Mahendra, BARC
- Anandhanarayanan K, DRDL
- Konark Arora, DRDL
- Balakrishnan N, IISc
- Muni Krishna, IISc
- P. S. Kulkarni, IISc
- Roy D, IISc
- Nageswara Rao, IIT-Madras
- Sanyasiraju YVSS, IIT-Madras
- Indra Vir Singh, IIT-Roorkee
- Deshpande S M, JNCASR
- Keshav S Malagi, NAL
- Manish Kumar Singh, NAL
- Ramesh V, NAL
- Praveen C, TIFR-CAM
- Aeronautical Development Agency, Bangalore
- Directorate of Extramural Research and Intellectual Property Rights, DRDO, Hyderabad
- Defense Research and Development Laboratory, DRDO, Hyderabad.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore
- Joint Advanced Technology Program, IISc, Bangalore
- National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore.
- Trust for Advancement of Aerodynamics in India.
- TIFR Centre for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore.